Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Growing up...


My interior design ambitions began as a boy. Growing up in rural Victoria in my family's ancestral home "Pigeon Bank" was a magical experience. My parents allowed my passion for creativity to run wild as we spent years renovating the property. My bedroom was my proudest achievement, with restored floorboards, white-washed tongue and groove lining boards (reaching to 13ft ceilings) and antique fittings. It was a large room and I used old ship sails to divide areas, draping them theatrically but simply. I began collecting during these early years. Old furniture, cushions, and interesting objects, all telling a story, I would create displays and photograph them (when I was lucky enough to borrow my parents camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails